Refers to get a user choice based on input parameters given in the formula. Let’s see a complete understanding on CHOOSE function in a Excel Sheet.
=CHOOSE(index_num, value1, [value2], …)
Uses index_num to return a value from the list of value arguments. Use CHOOSE to select one of up to 254 values based on the index number.
- Index_num: Required parameter. Specifies which value argument is selected. Index_num should be a number between 1 and 254.
- If index_num is 1, CHOOSE will return value1; if index_num is 2, CHOOSE will return value2; and so on.
- If index_num is less than 1 or greater than the number of the last value in the list, CHOOSE will return “#VALUE!” error.
- If index_num is a fraction, it is cut to the lowest integer before being used.
- Value1, value2, and so on: Value 1 is required parameter, subsequent values are optional 2 to 254 value arguments from which CHOOSE selects a value on index_num. The arguments can be numbers, cell references, defined names, formulas, functions, or text.
Now put the following formula as shown in below screenshot where we passed following Cars “HH“, “DR“, “CB” and “CK“. In the formula I passed 3 for index_num parameter and it should return me “CB” as result:
Please leave your comments or queries under comment section also please do subscribe to out blogs to keep your self upto date.