Refers to horizontal lookup works exactly as vlookup function in excel. It lookup a value in a array in horizontal direction and returns appropriate row value based on match found. Other words Hlookup scans for given lookup value in the top row of table array and returns value from the same column based on row you supplied.
=HLOOKUP(lookup_value, table_array, row_index_num,[range_lookup])
- lookup_value: a mandatory parameter, refers to value that you wish to search for.
- table_array: a mandatory parameter, refers to a table containing row and columns in which lookup_value will be searched.
- row_index_num: a mandatory parameter, refers to row number from which the matched output would be obtained and returned as result.
- range_lookup: an optional parameter, refers to match type, it offers two types of match as following:
- Approximate match: refers to TRUE, the value in the first row of table_array must be sorted in ascending order.
- Exact match: refers to FALSE, will find exact match. It is default if obtained
Next >> Vlookup function in excel no code example