You can change the order of custom tabs on a Ribbon by using the Tab Collection Editor. You can position custom tabs before or after a built-in tab on the Ribbon. A built-in tab is a tab that is already on the Ribbon of a Microsoft Office application. For example, the Data tab is a built-in tab in Excel.
To change the order of tabs on the Ribbon:
- Select the Ribbon code file (.vb or .cs file) in Solution Explorer
- On the View menu, click Designer
- Right-click the Ribbon Designer, and then click Properties
- In the Properties window, select the Tabs property, and then click the ellipsis button (ASP.NET Mobile Designer ellipse)
- The Tab Collection Editor appears
- In the Tab Collection Editor, in the Members list, select the tab you want to move and click the up or down arrows to change the tab order
To position a tab before or after a built-in tab on the Ribbon:
- In the Ribbon Designer, select a custom tab.
- In the Properties window, expand the ControlId property, and then make sure that the value of the ControlIdType property is set to Custom.
- In the Properties window, expand the Position property.
- Set the PositionType property to the appropriate value:
- BeforeOfficeId positions the group before a specified built-in tab.
- AfterOfficeId positions the group after a specified built-in tab.
- Set the OfficeId property to the control ID of a built-in tab.