VBA offers power of coding by which user can get references, Address of cells or a range quickly. But Microsoft Excel exposes ADDRESS function which returns the address for the given reference. It is referred a kind of short hand programming skill by which you can obtain reference of a cell dynamically which can be leveraged to build other formulas.
=ADDRESS(row_num, column_num, [abs_num], [a1], [sheet_text])
- row_num: A mandatory argument, to use in the cell reference.
- column_num: A mandatory argument, to use in the cell reference.
- abs_num: Optional argume. specifies the type of reference to return.
- 1 or omitted: returns Absolute reference
- 2: returns Absolute row; Relative column
- 3: returns Relative row; Absolute column
- 4: returns Relative reference
- A1: Optional argument. Refers to a logical value that specifies the A1 or R1C1 reference style.
- sheet_text: Optional argument, refers to a text value that specifies the name of the worksheet to be used as external reference.