Give capability to performing coordinating over map within your Excel data. Let’s see how we can create 3rd Map in Excel:
The very first thing is environment hence you should make sure that you have Data Analysis Addin install and active. Next follow the steps:
- In Excel, open a workbook that has the table or Data Model data you want to explore in 3D Maps.
- Select any cell in the table
- Click Insert Ribbon Tab >> 3D Maps
- 3D Maps uses Bing to geocode your data based on its geographic properties. After a few seconds, the globe will appear next to the first screen of the Layer Pane
- In the Layer Pane, verify that fields are mapped correctly and click the drop-down arrow of any incorrectly mapped fields to match them to the right geographic properties.
In this example I am using Dallas power consumption data which can be taken from here. Lets see some examples of 3D Maps:
data over layers:
Layer panel which we can use to manipulate information over map:
You can add multiple layers by clicking on Add Layer button as shown below :
Next : Slicers in Excel C# Addin